New series on the way called Fit Fridays! Nice, quick, delicious healthy meals for the girl on the go! This recipe makes for a wonderful, sweet granola breakfast sneaking your favorite fruit into the mix. Feel free to change up the fruit I’ve used for your favorite. Question of the day – what’s your favorite healthy breakfast?
As always, enjoy!
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- pinch of ground ginger
- 1/2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp honey or light agave nectar
for the fruit cocktail
- a combo of your favorite fruit (i used a mix of berries)
- 6 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tsp peeled and finely sliced gingerroot
- 1 tsp hone or light agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot, blended with a little cold water (sub corn starch)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- To make the granola, put all the dry ingredients into a bowl, then add the orange juice and honey and mix thoroughly. Spread out on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven, break up into pieces, then return to the oven for an additional 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and break up again. Let cool on the baking sheet. The mixture will become crunchy when cool.
- To make the fruit cocktail, put the fruit into a bowl. Put the orange juice and zest, ginger, and honey into a small pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Gradually stir in the arrowroot mixture and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour the mixture over the fruit and let cool, cover, and let chill in the fridge.
- Spoon the covered fruit into glasses and sprinkle with granola.
- This dish can be prepared in advance and assembled just before eating.
- The granola will keep well in an airtight container for several days and can be used with other fruit combos.
.healthy food, healthy you
delicous recipes to help you watch your weight